Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The procession joke

Hank was amazed at the length of the funeral procession going down Main Street. Watching a while he observed that the cortege consisted entirely of men. It was led by a man holding an Alsatian Dog.

His curiosity got the best of him and walked up to the man at the front of the line. "Excuse me for interrupting you in your time of grief", said Hank, politely. " but I've never seen such a funeral procession. Would you mind telling me who it's for?"

"It's for my mother-in-law," explained the mourner. Tightening the leash, he guestered down at the dog and said, "My Alsatian Dog here killed her."

"Gee, that's terrible, " commiserated Hank, " but hmmm....is there any way you could lend me your dog for a day or so ?"

The bereaved son-in-law pointed his thumb over his shoulder and answered, "Join the Queue!"